9.23.2017

Stamping With Aqua Markers

The summer of masterclasses at StampNation is coming to a close, but it's not over yet!  :)  This week and next we have Chrissie Tobas teaching us all about watercolor and especially how to use the Aqua painter markers from Spectrum Noir.  <3   Yesterday I shared a little sneak peek of my challenge card. My card today came from a little experiment using the aqua painters to color my stamp before I stamped. 


I should have made a video on this to show you how I did it, but I was just playing with my new markers and experimenting with different ideas.  I created the background first by scribbling the markers on my craft sheet and then adding lots of water before dipping my watercolor paper in it.  Once the background was dry I colored my stamp and lightly spritzed it with water before stamping it down.  I was THRILLED with the outcome.  It reminds me of a soft focus picture.  After stamping the greeting I die cut the panel, then decided I just couldn't throw the outer edge away, so I used the inlaid die cut technique to assemble my card.  



After that I added some heart confetti.  Not sure if I like it or not.  In real life they catch the light, and much prettier than in the picture, but this picture captures the colors of the background and birds better than the other.  ;) 


Want to see more ideas on watercoloring with Aqua markers?  Check out the current masterclass at StampNation here.



Stamps: My Sunshine (Crafter's Companion by Spectrum Noir)
Ink: Midnight (CPD)
Paper: Distress Watercolor Paper (Tim Holtz) Premium White (Catherine Pooler Designs)
Accessories: Aqua Painters in Earth and Landscape bundles (Spectrum Noir) Blueprints 20 (My Favorite Things) Clear Embossing Powder (SU) MISTI tool





1 comment:

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

This is a lovely card and great technique. Thanks for sharing.